Wednesday, January 11, 2012

.....

Still waiting on some paperwork before we begin our homestudy. It feels like it is taking forever! I guess I'm just being impatient because I want to get it started ASAP.

Well, my class started last night, it wasn't so bad but, the first day usually isn't. I guess it will keep me pre-occupied from waiting for this adotion stuff though. Also, my sister is going to be having her baby soon! Joey wants to go to the supercross race next month. So I guess that will give me something to look forward to along the way!

2 comments:

Reena said...

Try not to stress out about the Homestudy too much. Part of the SW's role is to also answer questions you have about adoption.

Do you know what type of adoption you are going to pursue (domestic newborn; adopt from foster care; international)?

Waiting is hard- seriously it is really hard. Keep busy and keep in mind that after you adopt, you and hubby will not have as much alone time together. Nor will you have as much (if any) 'me' time. I know that right now could probably care less about that-- it took me about 2-years before I started feeling that I wanted some of that time again.

There are lots of books about adoption, being an adoptive parent, etc. I found reading those types of books helped me-- aside from learning things I needed to know, I felt like I was being active toward the adoption process. Of course, I wasn't taking college courses either-- so you may not have time for all that.

Best Wishes!
Reena

Unknown said...

We are wanting to do international adoption. We are getting anxious already. I've been trying to read a book about adoption (its on my phone and I forget what its called) it has some helpful information though.

We know that it's going to be a big change when we adopt and it will take a lot of getting used to with it not being just the 2 of us anymore. But then maybe that will give us something to do, too!

Your kids are beautiful by the way! I love the 'fashion show"' pics!