Monday, October 22, 2012

Meetcha Day! Oct. 22, 2012

Today, we arrived in Addis Ababa! We were picked up at the airport by our driver and taken to the guest house where we were staying. We dropped off our bags and were ready to go meet our little Natnael.

Okay, I was SO not expecting the driving in the city to be like it was!!!! OMG! I thought I was going to get sick! It was crazy! There were cars coming at you from every direction.... bumper to bumper....inches away from your door! I was not prepared for this! The city wasn't as bad as I had expected... there were homeless people and people begging and it just breaks your heart!

I was really getting nauseous and about to panic....then we pulled up to the Transition House where Nathnael was... my heart started racing and all I could think about was seeing that sweet little face and FINALLY getting to hold him in my arms!

We got out of the car and there were kids outside playing. They were all so beautiful and sweet!

Then we made our way inside the house. We went to the room where Nathnael was and he was sleeping. He was laying there in his crib with a blanket draped under his chin holding his empty bottle in his mouth....sticking straight up in the air and still sucking away on it! The nanny (I didn't get her name) came and tried to wake him up but....he wasn't even flinching! lol  He was in a deep sleep! It took her a few minutes to get him to wake up, then she picked him up and loved on him and handed him over to me!!! It was the best moment ever....there he was right in front of me and I am finally holding him! He was so sweet and he didn't even cry!

We only stayed a few minutes and we took him back to the guest house with us!....Our first day with our baby boy!
 
 

No comments: