Thursday, October 25, 2012

Oct. 25, 2012- Going Home ...

Today is our last day in Ethiopia. Our flight leaves tonight! We pretty much spent the entire day just holding and playing with Nathaniel. I couldn't stand to think of leaving him here so I tried to keep that thought far from my mind and just enjoy the day.



 
We took Nathaniel back around 5pm which I assume is pretty much "rush hour" like it is here! Traffic was horrible! It took about and hour to get there and it usually just takes about 25 minutes.
 
When we got to the transistion house we walked inside with Nathaniel and his bag of clothes and stuff. One of the nannies came right up to me and just took Nathaniel from my arms.  That was when it hit me!.........my heart dropped, I've got to tell him goodbye....I've got to leave him.....
 
I followed the nanny into his room and snatched him back from her.....and I cried like a baby! I just held him and loved on him......then....I had to leave him! But, I kept telling myself that we would be back to get him soon!
 
It was hard, one of the hardest things I've ever had to do... leaving him there. I know that he is in good hands and they will love him and take good care of him there.
 
 
 
On the way back, we totally got stuck in traffic! Our driver was very upset and stressed out to say the least! They were working on the road and traffice was backed up and moving slowly! We went through places that you wouldn't think that people would drive vehicles through.  We barely made it back to the guest house on time to get our bags and pick up the other family to go to the airport.

We made it to the airport and had a safe trip home! Now we are waiting to get the call that we can go pick up our baby boy and bring him home!

No comments: